A simple and inexpensive dish, buffalo wings are the ultimate comfort food, and I can’t think of a better dish to serve when you have a house full of teenagers who are scavenging your kitchen for something to eat. It is naturally keto-friendly, and with one modification, can also be Whole 30 compliant. And because they aren’t breaded, these wings are excellent travelers to parties, tailgates, and the family room if you’re just looking for great wings to watch the big game. Be sure to read about the contest in the post. Each month I give away one of my favorite cookbooks, and I’d love you to win one!
- 3 lbs of uncooked chicken wings and/or drumettes
- 4 Tbs bbq rub (you can buy a pre-made rub, or make one yourself)
- 8 Tbs butter (Use Ghee to make them W30 compliant)
- 6 oz hot sauce (I use Frank’s)
- 3–6 dashes of Tobasco or related hot sauce
- Fresh vegetables for garnish (we use radishes, celery, and carrots)
- Ranch Dressing (we use Tessamae’s) or Blue Cheese (we just don’t do that one, but you do you.)
- Dry the wings with a paper towel. They will get crispy this way.
- Sprinkle the bbq rub liberally on the wings. If you need more than 4 tablespoons, I say bring it on.
- Grill the wings on a grill over medium-hot coals until cooked through. You can also bake them in the oven if you’re in a pinch.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, combine the butter and hot sauce.
- Cook over medium heat until butter is melted and combined with the hot sauce.
- Remove wings from the grill. Put them in a large bowl.
- Pour the sauce over and toss them to cover.
- Put them on a platter with your favorite crisp vegetables and ranch/blue cheese dressing.
- To make them Whole 30 compliant, substitute ghee for butter (using ghee also makes them Paleo).
- You can fry them if you want, I have found grilling is much faster, and tastes much better
- Serving Size: 1/2 pound
- Calories: 655
- Fat: 50
- Carbohydrates: 2
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 33
Keywords: keto, paleo, whole30, chicken, buffalo wings, chicken wings, low-carb, tailgating, party food