This tart is legendary in our family. I’m not allowed at Thanksgiving without it. It’s exactly the kind of rich, sweet, warm dessert you want after a meal with family. It’s excellent with fresh whipped cream and chocolate shavings.
Cream Cheese Pastry
- 3 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup Semi-sweet chocolate morsels (I use Ghirardelli 60% Cacao)
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 tbsp dark brown sugar
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 3 tbsp bourbon
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups pecan halves
- Beat cream cheese and softened butter until smooth. Add flour and beat on low until a soft dough forms.
- Press pastry into a tart pan.
- Sprinkle chocolate morsels over pastry and chill for 30 minutes.
- Beat eggs and next 7 ingredients at medium speed.
- Pour into tart shell filling half full.
- Arrange pecan halves over filling in a circular pattern
- Drizzle remaining filling over top slowly.
- Bake at 350 for 55 minutes
- Serving Size: 10
- Calories: 399
- Fat: 27
- Carbohydrates: 38
- Protein: 5