The Tennessee Summer is a heady mix of some of my favorite summer produce- blackberries and basil. Bourbon is the spirit, but it isn’t “bourbon-y” if you’re afraid it might be too strong. One of these and you’ll be ready for a night watching lightning bugs and listening to good music.
- 2 ounces bourbon
- 1/2 ounce simple syrup
- 1/2 ounce lime juice
- 1/2 ounce elderflower liqueur
- 6–7 blackberries
- 6–7 basil leaves
- Muddle the blackberries in a cocktail shaker.
- Add all the remaining ingredients to the shaker and add ice.
- Shake for 45 seconds.
- Strain into a highball glass with and add ice.
- We use ice spheres or large cubes. It makes for a really pretty drink, and the technical reason is for proper dilution. HOWEVER, ice from your freezer will work just as well.
Keywords: bourbon, blackberries, basil, cocktail, summer