The warm flavors of spiced apple butter, ginger syrup, and bourbon are as quintessentially fall as you can get. Seriously, I’m pretty sure it’s a crime to drink one of these without wearing a scarf. It’s a great introduction to bourbon and to fall in the South. Forget pumpkin spice. This is what you want for fall.
- 2 ounces Evan Williams Bottled in Bond 100 proof Bourbon (You need a high proof bourbon. Regardless of the brand, look for bottled in bond bourbon)
- 1 ounce apple butter
- 3/4 ounce ginger syrup
- 1/2 ounce lemon juice
- 2 dashes of Old Fashioned Bitters
- Mix all ingredients. Add ice to a shaker. Shake vigorously for 30 seconds.
- Pour into an old fashioned glass over a large sphere of ice.
- Garnish with an apple slice.
- You can add decorative garnishes for holidays. Holly…. Ghost peeps… Rosemary sprigs…
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 262
- Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 34
- Protein: 0
Keywords: bourbon, fall cocktail, cocktail