Peaches, bacon, basil, and brie get married and the world is better for it. This one is fast and easy, and I promise you will not be able to stop eating it. It’s the perfect appetizer, but I’d be lying if I said I didn’t eat it for dinner on more than one occasion. Let me know if you try it- leave me a comment or tag me on Instagram. I want to see what you make!
- 3 slices of bacon, cooked
- 2 peaches, diced (1/2 inch dice)
- 3 Tablespoons red onion, diced
- 2 Tablespoons peach jam
- 1–2 Tablespoons basil
- Balsamic reduction (to taste)
- 13 oz double cream brie – don’t use triple cream- it turns into a festering mess
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Place the brie on a piece of parchment on a baking pan. (Don’t remove the rind)
- Using 1 Tablespoon of jam, spread a think layer on top of the brie
- Mix the peaches, bacon, and onion together.
- Add about a tablespoon of jam, just enough to hold the ingredients together and stir.
- Top the brie with the peach mixture.
- Bake at 350 for 10-15 minutes.
- Sprinkle basil on top. Drizzle some balsamic reduction over the it all.
- Serve with crackers, crostini, or just eat it with a spoon.
- Triple cream brie doesn’t do well with toppings and heat, so don’t spend a fortune on brie for this one. Just get a good double cream.
- Ripe peaches are the best. If the peaches are still firm, the peach flavor gets lost.
- I want to see your peaches! Tag me on Instagram @healthy_southerner and use #healthysoutherner, and let me see your food!
Keywords: cheese, brie, peaches, bacon, basil, appetizer, entertaining